Old computer without sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscott00

Well I formatted the drive on an older computer to help it out a little, and installed a fresh copy of Windows 98 SE on it. I got the video drivers, and network drivers to work right but still can't figure out which sound drivers this board uses.. I cant exactly find a distinct board manufacturer labeled on it, but it does have Intel 810 graphics chip.. Whats the fastest way to find the manufacturer of this board??

Actually clean install of 98 does that run vbs?
I went to MS to download 5.6 or whatever, but it just came up minimum xp all the time

So if you find a link for the vb script for 98 that'll be good, as I'm not sure 98 will know what to do with vbs files (does it come with this installed - that's pretty sad, thought I knew 98 throughout)

Alright, I found some info on the motherboard in the box, and found out the Sound is supposed to be Aureal Vortex 8810. I keep finding drivers here and there but none are working. Has anyone had this problem?

Install a PCI sound card. They are pretty cheap now and they will provide even better sound than your on-chip sound

Yeah I might just do that, But its so freaking frustrating for me not to know what to do... It worked before and now I can't figure out whats wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back