Old ram for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivia869

i am looking for some old memory, 64MB size. the pc is a hp pavillion 6645C. rite now it only has 64MB of ram in it, and there is another slot. anybody know where i can find some old ram. The one thats in here already is...Siemens pc100u 3-2-2-6 SD ram, hopefully there is a place i can get another stick of this. thx

I think most computer stores still carry SDRAM. Pay a visit to your favourite one and ask for the smallest PC100 SDRAM stick they have. You will probably get a 128MB one.

Are there ever any Computer Shows in your area ? ?
A great source of older parts...

patio. :cool:

well i plan on going to the store, but im wondering if this pc even excepts 128MB sticks. here is the pdf for the chipset, not sure if its supports up to 64, i see a chart there, but im still confused on maximum module size supported. Intel Corporation 82810 810 Chipset

file is too big, so here is the link to dl the pdf

http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/290656.htm

The chipset info is no good. See the HP website for information about your specific model.

I still recommend getting the RAM from a retailer and with warranty. Buying something that is prone to develop faults and with no way to test it yourself is just plain stupid.

If you visit HP's site and check for information on your system, you will find that your system supports 256MB of Memory. You should be able to use PC133 or PC100 depending on the megabit technology.

i810 chipsets support up to 512MB at the least, why HP limits your system to 2 X 128MB DIMMs, I don't know?!

Once at HP site, go to drivers and download, select your system and then your operating system, you should find some updates.

Your system is not "old" if you find PC133 or PC100 with 8chips on each side, you should be OK but I would check on-line, most places match modules to your system.

Here is one from Kingston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back