'Old' style Log In/Off boxes on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richtea1955

Hi peeps,

I recently had to reload my windows sp1 and then go through the updates to get to sp2 and so on :(

Funny thing is I now have the 'old' style drop down boxes for my log in and log off instead of the usual xp style! Everything else appears fine.

Went went wrong with my reload of the software and what/where can I change it to get it back to normal?

There are tweaks posted at www.microsoft.com for fixing this. You likely have to make a few settings changes too long to post here, but they are quite complete at the various relevant Microsoft sites.

Try going into the Control Panel and then User Accounts. I'm not at my XP machine at the moment but you should be able to change the way you log in there.

Thanks Mailpup. Coincidentally I have just been into User Accounts and the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching have been disabled by MrvGINA.dll which is residing in my System32 folder.

I'm just weighing up where it came from and whether to delete it!

I did a search of the MrvGina.dll file to see what that was all about as you probably did. I found a possible solution. See the last entry in this forum thread: Click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back