Old t-2798 emach. sys/new biostar mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightwpm

events; friend has an emachine t-2798 toshiba 60gb hd. Mobo crashed. Ok,replaced with biostar p4m80-m4 mobo.Hooked it up,all gd. Set bios to defaults.have cd-rom to boot 1st. insert repair disc for emachine(since that is whats on hdd. Still wont boot after message reads xp re-installed .My ? is ,do I need to reformat hdd and start all over? I think I do, but I'd rather not..help

for sanity sake, I have convinced my amigo to spend 80 $1 dollar bills, and buy a new certified copy of xp2. reformatted hdd,installed disk,and 30 minutes later he is a happy owner of a emach. case biostar mobo, toshiba hdd,w/dvd player ,celeron d 2.6mgz,512mb 3200 ram ,internet ready pc. thanks to alll your posts and god giving me time to read a little.Still the place place for pc info around.. love this site. eightwpm.

Those emachine psu's are crap and kill mobo's!!!! He should have it replaced if it hasn't already been done!!!!

i replaced my t2542's im845gv with a biostar p4m80, you are going to have to buy a new copy of windows because a mb change is the biggest change for the e-machines restore disks to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back