Old threads on new forum ?

Didou

Will the threads from the old forum be moved to the new one ? There were valuable informations in there...

PS. I know we can access them by going HERE but still, would be more practical if they simply migrated along with the users ;)

Its looking quite unlikely. Wheras when 3DS forum (or just one forum back then I think) was using UBB we simply "upgraded" to Jawbreaker, keeping nearly all user names and posts, this software is on a new server; nothing has been transferred from the old server (apart from the icon at the top I guess). Remember Jawbreaker is no longer in development so Julio can't really call them up and ask for assistance.

It is unfortunate.

Does that mean we are free to copy across important posts under our own usernames? I would suggest quoting the original thread's content but its not easy to do that for a thread that is 80 posts long. :(

I don't think bringing entire threads is a good idea, but opening new threads based on old topics should be still good, you could add a link to the old forums too.

Now, remember that the old forums won't be up forever, since those are in the old server.

Back