TechSpot

old video card and display driver

By cbeaudet
Feb 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi...I'm using a relatively old Toshiba Satellite Laptop. The company who manufactured my display driver and video card, Trident Microsystems, stopped manufacturing video cards and with this, terminated updates. I just bought Microsoft Flight Simulator X and after installation, an error message read "Flight simulator is not working with your video card" and then gave options for resolving the issue. I visited Trident's website, and they only make TVs now. I could not find an update or newer version of the drivers. Is there any way i could get my display driver to work with more modern games, Like Flight simulator?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Here are my drivers and display adapters:
    Trident Video Accelerator CyberBlade XP Ai1 v5.9030-008V.22lCD

Also: If you could help me resolve some issues with these devices:

Intel(R) PRO/100 M Mobile Connection [ERROR: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    ------------------
    The Drivers for SDDMl2 are not installed....i have no idea what SDDMl2 is...i know i can reinstall the driver, but id like to know what it is first...
    ------------------
    Windows Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem [The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) ] windows cannot find the neccesary files to reinstall it
    ------------------
    Windows User Mode Driver Framework [The drivers for this device are not ]installed. (Code 28) ] Windows could not find the necessary software to reinstall the driver.

Thanks Again, Chris

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hope this helps a bit

Regards

3. cbeaudet

cbeaudet TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Thanks a lot:wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.