Older Parts up For Grabs Lots of Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCellR8

Hey all, I have a whole bunch of older computer parts that I was looking to get rid of. I got some old mobos, RAM, and CPUs from the 90's if anyone's interested. Here's a few of the things I found...

AMD K6-2 CPU
Intel Pentium CPU
2x Intel Pentium II CPUs
2x Intel Pentium III CPUs
ASUS Slot PGA-370 mobo
3Dfx video card (unknown voodoo?)
Ati Raedeon 7500 pci
Geforce 2mx agp
10+ assorted Creative sound cards
5+ ethernet network cards

I know none of this stuff isn't worth virtually anything but if someone's looking to collect some old parts I got your fix! All of these parts were pulled from discarded systems. I can test any of the parts if anyone is interested, just pay shipping. Post or send me an email:

EXCellR8@gmail.com

Donate them to deprived kids in your section of town. There are kids just waiting for a chance to upgrade, and get their hands on good stuff. They do not care if it is a bit older... it is perhaps newer than what they have.

Imagine how the "education gap" is widening every day... every hour. When rich ango kids get a new computer at age five, and the bario kids get their first computer when they are 18 or 19...

It is a joy for a smart kid to get his or her hands on something they can learn with and diddle into something new and exiting for them.

We gave a couple of kids some computers last April... they lived across town. I insisted that they come to our shop to learn some fundamentals. I insisted that their mothers or fathers show up too... so we were sure we had their involvement and approval.

When we drove into their unpaved part of town with the donations, there were 40 kids out there, sitting on fences, sidewalks, and steps waiting to see some of thier own get something cool.

When I looked at a little bulletin board on the kids wall, it had certificates for four years of straight A performance... he was only 15... He is much better prepared now... and we will give him more as soon as he is ready and we have parts.

Yep, I've already donated a couple of machines that I build from scratch. I gave them away to an elementary school a few towns over. The parts I have now are just what remains of my past projects. I don't have enough resources to build any more complete systems so I figured that maybe someone would want them. I always build machines and then give them away or sell them for cheap. It's just a hobby.

i had one of those voodoo cards in my first pc many years back, thought i was hot stuff with that huge 16MB memory. lol:approve:

We don't really allow sales to take place on the board, its been discussed several times. If you care to see some of those discussions do a search in Site Comments. I'm going to go ahead and close this but because I'm a nice guy I won't delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back