TechSpot

Oliver Stone pegged to direct Edward Snowden biopic

By Shawn Knight
Jun 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sony may have secured the film rights to Glenn Greenwald's book on Edward Snowden but that doesn't restrict others from telling the NSA whistleblower's story. A new report from the Guardian pegs director Oliver Stone as being tasked with adapting The...

Read more

2. Yeah and the title is Benedict Arnold: Reborn

3. Hexic

Hexic TS Rookie Posts: 75   +9

Lol, so fitting...

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

I wouldn't have been happy if I was christened Moritz Borman, the names too close to the no. 2 Nazi Martin Bormann.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

I wouldn't mind seeing this biopic, it would be far more interesting than one about Steve Jobs.

dms96960 likes this.
  6. It would be good if he can get Edward Snowden to play himself.

7. Thing is; I have already seen it.

8. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,195   +751

Yes, but it wouldn't be. Have you seen the JFK movie? It's a pile of conspiracy nonsense and is often used an example of how Hollywood can make up facts about a historical event and people will think it's actually history. Just for fun, I Googled "most inaccurate historical movies of all time" and the first list I clicked on had JFK on it. (http://history.howstuffworks.com/history-vs-myth/10-historically-inaccurate-movies.htm#page=2)

This movie will probably teach us more about Oliver Stone's agenda than it will about Ed Snowden.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.