Olk10a

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't just right click it and choose delete?

A quick Google search points to malware, so you might want to download/install HijackThis. and attach the log to your next post in this thread. I'm sure Howard will be by in a few to help you out.

Cinders said:
You can't just right click it and choose delete?

A quick Google search points to malware, so you might want to download/install HijackThis. and attach the log to your next post in this thread. I'm sure Howard will be by in a few to help you out.

The problem is, I cant see the directory, I'm able to see all hidden files and folders also.

Please download/install hijackthis, run a scan and attach the log file. How do you know if the folder is there if you can't see it? Killbox will allow you to delete nasty folders/files. www.killbox.net

Cinders said:
Please download/install hijackthis, run a scan and attach the log file. How do you know if the folder is there if you can't see it? Killbox will allow you to delete nasty folders/files. www.killbox.net

This Folder is on my work computer, when I get a email, with a photo attached, it shows up in the OLK10A folder. I wont be able to load a program, because of admin. rights.

It sounds like you need to contact your IT department and have them help you out. If your computer is so locked down that you can’t install/run a program that's not on the approved list then you are stuck.

HijackThis doesn't really install and you can name the exe anything you want to, so if your can run iexplore and surf the web with it you can rename HijackThis to iexplore and try running it in place. I know it can restore most if not all admin disabled rights, because I've used it to make quick and dirty changes on computers where I have no C drive access. Of course you have to know what you’re looking for. After I've loosened the rights a bit I usually install Spybot Search & Destroy and clean up the nasty infection. You can also use ccleaner to scrub your internet file cache after you loosen up rights with HijackThis.

I'm no hacker and right now you pretty much have the full extent of my rights softening experience, so if this doesn’t work for you I don’t know what else to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back