OMG im so computer dumb and i need help with a windows stop erorr message! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys,
first of i am SOOO computer dumb so i need step by step stuff in stupid language. But heres my problem:

My computer was running slow and all when i as on my game, starwars galaxies, and then i noticed it was the whole computer running slow. I thought it was maybe because i left my computer on for the last couple nights because i had to leave my game on. So i went to restart it. I held down the power button because i havent had any problems doing that before and my computer was running way to slow to bring up the start menu. When i went to restart it, the Dell thing came up (i have a dell dimension E510) and then the windows logo came up and did the green bar thing where is slides across the screen.... it did it for like 2 seconds. then the following message came up:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus. disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any update drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drie corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x867738A0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)"

I have no idea what that stuff means or what to do. I really hope there isnt a problem with my computer. I tried restarting it and nothing changes and also i have tried in safe mode. So I'm all out of tricks due to the fact i don't have any. PLEASE help me. Like i said im computer dumb so u might have to use ***** language with me :p thanks people, i would be SOOO happy for any help.

<3 Hayley,

I am fairly sure this is an issue with your registry. I am not sure what to recommend for registry repair. I have never had to use one before. Someone will be along before long to confirm what you need to do.

BTW.....Welcome to Techspot! :D

haha HI!

first thanks for the welcome :) but also, i have no clue what u mean by that... whats a registry problem? or w/e it is lol i told u i know NOTHING about computers.... accept how to play games :) hehe girl play games? how unheard of! hahaha well yeah i hope someone comes along soon because im freaking out! i spent 900 buckies on this computer and for me, thats a BUNCH!

Its kinda like a big catelog of your computer. Everything that goes on with your computer has some entry in the registry. And it tells the computer where files applications are stored and where to access them. It is something you do not want to mess with if you are unsure of what to change etc. As I said someone will be along with more knowledge than I have about your particular issue. I am not 100% sure its a registry error so I wont comment on what you need to do. Sorry, I know I have not been much of a help so far.

:)

oh not its fine you have been great :) now when someone says "quick quiz! whats a computer registry thing!" ill say "like a computer catalog! that knows where all my computer stuff is located!!!!!" :) see, you HAVE helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back