Not open for further replies.

ayumilove

SOLUTION FOUND:- OMG My Speaker is not playing Music >.<

hi guys

i got a problem here, simple and crazy difficult to solve

i cant play mp3 with any music players: WMP10, realplayer, winamp, quicktime
when i try playing mp3, the music player just skip to the next mp3, and it
does the same thing all over again

i can play video files (ie avi mpeg) and also midi BUT no sound!!!

how to fix this?

this prob is driving me crazy >.<

there was 1 error message:
Cannot connect to audio device or another application is using it

please help me out

and please dont just give 1 solution at a time >.<
i

things you can do:
-reinstall the soundcard and update the driver
-use system restore to take the OS back to a time when the sounds worked fine, will remove files created since your restore date.
-check to see that you can access the files listed in your playlists

i can play video files (ie avi mpeg) and also midi BUT no sound!!!

Does that mean you can NOT hear sound from anything? Or that you CAN hear sound from anything but NOT with MP3 files?

If you can't hear any sound, check that your driver is good in Device Manager. And check that your proper sound card is listed as the playback device in Control Panel-Audio Devices.

read the problem carefully vigil

i said, i can play video and midi file (the bar is moving) but has no sound
coming out from the speakers. If i play video, there would be no sound, but
got video or picture animation. Same goes with midi, bar is moving but no
sound.

I tried double clicking on an mp3 on my desktop as well as trying other mp3
but it didnt work. There is no sound and came out an error message

cannot connect to audio device or another application is using it.

i tried system restore = failed
i tried reinstall sound driver + update = failed
i tried checking the mp3 list & double clicking on the mp3 = failed (no sound)
i checked out the device manager = no exclamation mark or error mark (failed)

help me!!!!!!

ahhh..... no sound...... so quiet >.<

have you tried looking for another app that may have your soundcard tied up? check the systray, and the process list in task manager. you might not recognize it, perhaps you should post a list of your running processes.

Go in Device Manager, and post here every entry in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" heading.
Then go in Control Panel to "Sounds and Audio Devices"(classic view), and post what is listed in the 3 white boxes on the "Audio" tab.

Task Manager
taskmgrprob4rw.jpg

Sound Audio Classic
soundaudio11ng.jpg

Sounds
soundaudio20rb.jpg

Audio
audio9eb.jpg

Voice
voice4jf.jpg

Hardware
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9979/hardware13oc.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3904/hardware22sl.jpg

Device Manager
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7217/devicemanager9rk.jpg

Sure enough, your info looks just right!

I'd hate to say it, but you sure you have looked through every place with a volume control? There is probably 2 or 3 places for checking volume and making sure it hasn't been set to mute.

One is the little speaker icon by the clock, click it once and make sure the volume is up and the little mute box is unchecked.
Then you can double-click that icon to get the main volume panel. Make sure nothing muted there and the volume is up and the right device is selected on playback.

Then in that Audio tab, click the Advanced button at the top and make sure that info looks normal.

In the Volume tab, click the Speaker buttons at the bottom at check that info as well.

If your speakers are or are not digital, make sure when you come across the Digital Audio selection, it is set right.

Then also in the Creative AudioHQ program, check the audio environment settings, speaker settings, volumes, Digital selection.

Check your speakers, plugged into each other right? Into wall outlet? Cabled not chewed through by critters? Any lights on? Volume up?

If you have headphones, try those, just in case your speakers died.

Do you have an audio recording app? Something like Audacity. If you run the audio program and set to record from Stereo Mix, does the mixer bar hop up and down as you play an audio file? That is to say, if you are playing something in Media Player, does the audio program look as though it sees a signal?

Since you have a Creative sound card, is that a PCI card or onboard? If you have onboard, try removing the Creative and use the onboard, does that work?

Lastly, it is a long shot, but I suppose it's possible something screwed up all you audio codecs, such as midi and MPEG3. As a last resort, try going to www.free-codecs.com and download like their KLite Codec MegaPack. This will have all manor of audio/video codecs. Find it on the left under codec packs.

Hope that helps a tad.

You don't really understand 1 thing, check this error
aaaaaa0gk.jpg

I got this error when i try playing ANY MUSIC FILE except midi and video file
The two can play (the bar moving) but no sound. Video got pics but no music
So, the problem has nothing to do with the mute or unmute or volume -_-"
Newbies know how to do the volume part, sigh........ so sad you guys dont
get it.

Sure enough, your info looks just right!

I'd hate to say it, but you sure you have looked through every place with a volume control? There is probably 2 or 3 places for checking volume and making sure it hasn't been set to mute.

One is the little speaker icon by the clock, click it once and make sure the volume is up and the little mute box is unchecked.
Then you can double-click that icon to get the main volume panel. Make sure nothing muted there and the volume is up and the right device is selected on playback.

Then in that Audio tab, click the Advanced button at the top and make sure that info looks normal.

In the Volume tab, click the Speaker buttons at the bottom at check that info as well.

Check your speakers, plugged into each other right? Into wall outlet? Cabled not chewed through by critters? Any lights on? Volume up?

If you have headphones, try those, just in case your speakers died.

Do you have an audio recording app? Something like Audacity. If you run the audio program and set to record from Stereo Mix, does the mixer bar hop up and down as you play an audio file? That is to say, if you are playing something in Media Player, does the audio program look as though it sees a signal?

ALL OF THE SOLUTIONS ABOVE ARE NOT HELPING

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your speakers are or are not digital, make sure when you come across the Digital Audio selection, it is set right.

Then also in the Creative AudioHQ program, check the audio environment settings, speaker settings, volumes, Digital selection.

Since you have a Creative sound card, is that a PCI card or onboard? If you have onboard, try removing the Creative and use the onboard, does that work?

how do i know my sound card is build in or not? when i looked into the
system unit, it is outside. not embedded to the motherboard

Lastly, it is a long shot, but I suppose it's possible something screwed up all you audio codecs, such as midi and MPEG3. As a last resort, try going to www.free-codecs.com and download like their KLite Codec MegaPack. This will have all manor of audio/video codecs. Find it on the left under codec packs.

Hope that helps a tad.

ok, i check this out

---------------------------------------------------------------------

here is some extra info i got:-

when i changed the hardware, which is before this problem arrive
I add a slave harddisk into the computer, and remove it, then this problem
comes (the speaker problem)

why is it like that?

i got this error when exploring this
when i click on the windows sound effect, it gave me some weird warning
cccccccccc.jpg

bbbbbbbbb.jpg

I hope you understand, we HAVE to start with the "basic" information first. Step 1 is always a good place to start.
And also, nobody here knows just how smart somebody really is. Maybe you are a newbie, maybe not, some people don't know what a right-click is. We have to make assumptions.

Thanks for finally posting a pic of your error :)

Your "audio compression" error sounds just like a codec issue. But you may also want to reinstall, or install the newest version of Media Player from Microsoft.com.

hi vigil

i managed to solve the problem
this is how i solved it

i closed all the applications (which has mostly the word: Ayumi)
i downloaded a sound max (driver) which does not suit the driver in my pc
i uninstall creative driver
install sound max driver
soundmax says the driver isnt appropriate, asked me to reboot
before rebooting, i reinstall the creative
restart
got startup music (indicates that i can play MUSIC!!!)

before i tried all your assumptions, i tried this method and it works
i didnt download any codecs or etc

yea, what a relief,

i tried reinstalling the driver without soundmax before:-
fail means no startup sound
i uninstall Sound driver, and reinstall it, then play music (fail)
i uninstall soundriver, restart, pc auto install it, then i play music (fail)

however my relieft was short lived

once i changed a new hardware, i changed my monitor since my 1st monitor
got some display technical problems, MY SPEAKER CANT PLAY SOUND BACK!!!

SHOOT!!! OMGBBQ!!!!!

i tried using the same method but it didnt work this time T_T

so what am i suppose to do now >.<

Very interresting.

I would think two ways. If it is not the codecs that are screwed up, then the driver certainly is.

What kind of computer do you have? Not sure if you already said or not. But try www.soundblaster.com and use their utility to find your card driver for you. Or if you have an OEM PC like Dell or HP, go to their web site and download that driver.

in my first post i told him to try updating the driver, using system restore, check file paths. ayumilove responded to that saying:
ayumilove said:
i tried system restore = failed
i tried reinstall sound driver + update = failed
i tried checking the mp3 list & double clicking on the mp3 = failed (no sound)
i checked out the device manager = no exclamation mark or error mark (failed)
so please everyone, let's move on to other possible causes.

ayumilove, do you have another soundcard that can be installed/used in this computer? if so, do that and see if you can get it running properly. windows is prone to driver corrution that can cause this sort of behavior. if driver corruption has occurred (another card also cannot be used) a reformat or repair installation of windows will be nessesary to regain the use of your soundcard.

Vigilante said:
Very interresting.

I would think two ways. If it is not the codecs that are screwed up, then the driver certainly is.

What kind of computer do you have? Not sure if you already said or not. But try www.soundblaster.com and use their utility to find your card driver for you. Or if you have an OEM PC like Dell or HP, go to their web site and download that driver.

hi vigil

i tried downloading the sound driver which is compatible with the sound
card inside the pc

but this doesnt help, nothing is working >.<

zephead said:
in my first post i told him to try updating the driver, using system restore, check file paths. ayumilove responded to that saying:so please everyone, let's move on to other possible causes.

ayumilove, do you have another soundcard that can be installed/used in this computer? if so, do that and see if you can get it running properly. windows is prone to driver corrution that can cause this sort of behavior. if driver corruption has occurred (another card also cannot be used) a reformat or repair installation of windows will be nessesary to regain the use of your soundcard.

ayumilove = she... -_-"

how do i do a reformat or repair installation of windows?

before we get to that you need to try using another card. are there any other soundcards installed in yoru pc (check device manager)?

zephead said:
before we get to that you need to try using another card. are there any other soundcards installed in yoru pc (check device manager)?

there is only 1 which is creative (check the screenshot)

i tried others but it didnt work

i checked the windows repair and found out that is a dangerous process
where information is permanently deleted if its given the wrong command
which is pressing some kind of "R"

A Repair Install will primarily replace Windows' own files and structure. I'm not so sure it will do anything with your drivers. Especially since it's a Creative driver and not a MS driver.

Reason I still think it is the driver is because:
A) ayumilove said he tried a funky driver trick and it worked once
B) Creative, in my experience, can be a pain to get proper drivers working
C) Even if he has a proper driver, if XP already has a file for it, it may not be replaced by the original, and thus XP keeps on using the same files anyway

And perhaps a few more reasons.

A full format/reload will guarantee you get a fresh driver, assuming for SURE that your sound card isn't just bad.
The other option is to delete every trace of ANY and ALL driver files for that card, and thus being able to load a brand new one. To do this you have to find out what files the current driver is using, write them down. Then uninstall any Creative software from add/remove. Then uninstall the device from Device Manager. Then delete the caches INF for it in c:\windows\inf. And possible even registry entries as well.
If this can be done, then the next time you restart Windows, XP will not know absolutely anything about your sound card. And so then you can load the new driver.
This is a bit extreme, but I've had to do it this way in the past.

Also, have you installed the latest Media Player? I read in a KB article that this "should" update your waveform codecs (avi, video, wav). But install an MPEG3 codec for MP3 files.

Also let me say just one thing, you keep mentioning to people that you already talked about something in the thread. Fine. But keep in mind some people around here read 10s, if not 100s of posts in a matter of days, and we can't remember every tiny detail from every thread, nor will some read the entire thread all over to be sure. So just FYI. Bare with us. It doesn't mean they are retarded or something, just maybe they don't have 15 minutes to read the whole thread from the top again.

So enough of that crap, try those couple things if you haven't already. Oh, and I found the program I was talking about.
Download the VideoToolbox from http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?vtb
Read about it if you like. Open the program and, if it's the same version I have, click the "Codecs" link on the left top. Then in there select "Audio Codecs" from the drop down box, then post the contents of it here.
Also with this program you just might be able to have it check one of your MP3 files or movie file and see what it says about it. Perhaps this program could give you a clue as to why you get no sound.

good luck

Giving up is for the production team at Microsoft, not for you :)

I am still curious what the toolbox shows about your files.

Other then that, go buy a new sound card, or reload!

Vigilante said:

I am still curious what the toolbox shows about your files.

Other then that, go buy a new sound card, or reload!

what does this mean?

btw, i posted another of my problem in windows os
its about switching user in win xp
check it out
the topic starts with Ayumi ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back