GoldenGypsy

On board GPU issues? Crash? Help?

I bought the following system from scratch recently and built it this morning

Asus M2N-VM DH
AMD x2 4600+ 25ghz AM2
Maxtor 250GB SATA
NEC Optaric IDE DVD-RW
Windows XP Professional

The motherbord has onboard GPU which i was hoping to use. Im experiencing a huge problem with it though!

The PC seems to have trouble booting in the first place. When it does boot the monitor does not always receive a picture.

Once i have mannaged to get the computer on and an image on the monitor (normaly after about 3 attempts) the GPU appears to crash. See image -
dsc02672mk8.jpg

The actual computer apears to remain oporational. This "crash" does not only happen in windows but also on DOS and Bios which makes me wonder if it is a more serious issue than drivers and incorect settings?? I dont even know that it is the GPU at fault i just presumed

What is the problem and how can it be fixed?

When on windows i have also noticed that the sound doesnt work and the driver on the motherboard support CD doesnt instal because it cannot locate "HDA Audio Bus driver". I expect this will be an easier one to fix

thanks for any help

EDIT: Iv tried removing the battery and doing the CMOS. Also got a 1003 bios update for the board. I just dont understand wtf is rong with it and im stressed out with it.

Sorry im going to bump the thread.....im desparate

Would it help if i bought a PCI-E video card (i was going to buy one for the machine anyway but not yet). Could this help the problem.

I have my suspisions that it is the Onboard GPU driver because it did work more reliably with the standard ASUS drivers than the ones i downloaded from nVidia. Suppose i should chec for updated ASUS drivers.

Bios isn't using your Asus/Nvidia drivers so it isn't that.

Disassemble and check that you haven't got any shorts - start again and make sure all connections are made correctly.

It 'could' be a bad computer to LCD cable or a loose/broken connection/pin therein - check that first.

Thanks....il have a double chec 2moz....may try assemable outside the case cus its micro atx so i cant realy see what im doing.

Iv had enuf....got the parts at about 8 this morning and its 9pm now. Just got everything instaled and then it started doing this.

Tried that, same result.

Its tempramental which is ominous. If it just didnt work maybe it could be bad hardware but it has worked and does if i reset the CMOS

Motherboard faulty? im stil waiting for a reply from Asus

On a successful boot, check that the HAL is for an ACPI Multiprocessor cpu (System Information, Computer will display that).

Does that mobo have a 4 or 6 pin ADDITIONAL' power plug and is it connected?

Thanks.....its a 4pin connector and it is connected.

Can you explain the first thing u said about muliproccessors in laymans terms cus i didnt understand it...sorry

Asus got back to me told me to update the bios and apply 0.1+ volts across the memory. Which i did and no difference. But full marks for speed of reply.

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back