TechSpot

On-demand shipping startup Shyp launches in NYC, coming to Miami soon

By Shawn Knight
Sep 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Six-month-old on-demand shipping startup Shyp is expanding. After ebranching out from its home base of San Francisco to New York City this week, the budding company announced plans to expand south to Miami in time for the holidays.

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,562   +2,368

I had to write an essay on marketing strategy a few semesters back. I realize now I should have foregone parroting standard marketing theory and written a far more interesting narrative explaining how, in the modern business environment, misspelling ordinary words suddenly gives you a brand.

Lyft, Glyde, Shyp...

Or perhaps how replacing "I" with "y" is a money maker because it's seen as hip by Millenials.

bielius likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,058

I like the way this company thinks, take advantage of peoples inherent laziness and make yourself rich.

erickmendes likes this.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,562   +2,368

Every successful business is designed around this model. Even gyms, where the strategy has been elevated to an art form.

5. insect

insect TS Evangelist Posts: 315   +114

Yes, I would. Heck, if I GO to the UPS store they charge me more than $5 for a box, bubble wrap, and tape. Saves me the time, gas, hassle. Worth it!

SantistaUSA and erickmendes like this.
  6. erickmendes

erickmendes TS Enthusiast Posts: 38

Take this scenario: married with children, full time work, need to drop children at school, need to pick groceries, yada yada yada... A 5? Shut up and take my money!

SantistaUSA and Littleczr like this.
  7. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

If I was not working I would agree with you, but I got tons of other priorities that I rather pay up and not worry about it.