1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

On Site and Email Notifications Sporadic

By captaincranky ยท 5 replies
Nov 18, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I seem to be having a problem with intermittent notifications. Some threads I have posted to show in the on site notification box, while others do not. The same is true of email reminders.

Admittedly, I have my Techspot account linked to a Yahoo email address, which is a recipe for trouble in and of itself. But, as this is also happening here, I need your guidance and support.

As most of you are aware, "an idle mind is the devil's playground". What you may not know, (since I just wrote it this minute), is that , "an idle mind is also a fool's playground".:oops:

So help me out here staff, am I imagining things? Does Shawn Knight have me on his ignore list?

I eagerly await any assistance you might be able to provide, and thank you in advance for it..(y)

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 12,086   +2,107

OK, save for its entertainment value, it might better if you take my topic with a grain of salt. I might be having one of my "spells".

I do need to make an interim post after a notification, to continue any additional notifications to a given thread. This is so, yes?

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,234   +733

Not a post, but must visit the thread in question. If you visit it, then new activity will create new notifications.

4. captaincranky

Is it possible the "NoScript" extension in my browser, could be blocking a script relating to registering my "post, post visits"? (OK my, after posting but without re-posting visits)?

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,234   +733

The forum relies on cookies to tell if you visit or not, so yes...

learninmypc and captaincranky like this.
  6. captaincranky

Ah, ha! Thanks Julio..:)