TechSpot

onboard audio, strange bleeps?

By TamaraH
Oct 25, 2003
  1. onboard audio, strange bleeps? *problem fixed*

My onboard audio has just started making bleep sounds whenever i'm running a program that has music like games and sometimes even just internet explorer. I switched out my old GF 2 card for a GF ti4200 today...i took it to a shop so i know i didn't fiddle with anything i shouldn't have. My motherboard is an XFX KT400 ANB if that helps any. Thanks for your suggestions!

**Well, don't i feel stupid. I installed a power/fan monitoring program and didn't even know that all that beeping was to let me know i was loosing power. With the extra video card and it's fan, plus another fan i added in with it i suppose it's drawing too much. The guy at the shop where i had the work done said it would be fine, i had asked him about it before hand. Ah well.

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

I don't know about that one man. I've seen many over loaded power supplies bite the dust.. And sometimes the system with it.

3. TamaraH

TamaraH TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah, it does worry me, i don't think he knew that i only had a 300 watt supply. I plan on getting at least a 400 soon, within the next week or two. The +5 was getting down to +4.70 if that gives you a little more info.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.