TechSpot

Onboard graphic card

By abbasi
Sep 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys,

How I know I have an onboard graphic card in addition to my main graphic card which is geforce gts 450? And how can I enable it and disable my main graphic card and how to roll back?

Thanks.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,825   +1,436

Depends on your Chipset/CPU and available graphics port on the motherboard. One sure fire way to tell if you don't have graphical support, is to look for the absence of a graphical port. If you can tell us which computer/motherboard and processor you have, we could answer that question for you.
    JC713 likes this.
  3. abbasi

abbasi TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 319   +14

The following image is my system info;
    And these two if aren't completely readable:
    HDD: (1) FUJITSU MHW2080BH ATA Device (2) pny USB 2.0 FD USB Device
    OS: (1) FUJITSU MHW2080BH ATA Device (2) pny USB 2.0 FD USB Device

Attached Files:

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,452   +620

You have a laptop? The laptop will function with limited abilities if you uninstall all AMD drivers from it. This will use on-board VGA.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,867   +889

Post a screenshot of what is under the Graphics tab please.
  6. abbasi

When I read the "cliffordcooley" comment (#3), I was at home and ran that tool which shows my machine's specs, sorry. My office machine's specs (which it's graphic card is geforce) is in the following images. sorry again.

Attached Files:

7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,867   +889

Wait, so you want just your integrated GPU or do you want them both to work together?
  8. abbasi

Please just consider my office PC which it's secs is in post #6. Now, I don't know weather that machine has only one graphic card (the gefroce one) or also has an onboard one. After that I want to know how can I switch between those two.
    If any part of my problem is not clear well, please say me and I try to clarify it for you till you can help me fine. thanks.
  9. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

If you have onboard graphics, you should have one or more graphics connectors (VGA and/or DVI) at the back of the computer in addition to the separate graphics card. If you only have the connectors from the graphics card, you don't have onboard graphics.
    abbasi and St1ckM4n like this.
  10. abbasi

At the back of my PC, there are two connectors but both are same and the dvi. So I think I don't have onboard vga and those two connectors are for supporting two monitors only. Think so?
  11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,452   +620

Probably. If you want to confirm with us, upload a photo.
    abbasi likes this.

12. abbasi

This is a photo of the back of the PC.

Attached Files:

13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,825   +1,436

No you do not have on-board graphics.
    abbasi likes this.
  14. abbasi

Thanks for all you nice guys.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.