Onboard Graphic Chips Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viceroy

Hi..i am new to this forum hope u guys don't mind

heres is my problem..i am thinking of changing my graphic from onboard to a dedicated graphic card.Currently i am using Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
my motherboard support AGP 8X..i have seen other threads on teaching ppl how to disable their onboard chips by disabling them in the control panel and the motherboard BIOS and my problem is when i go to my motherboard BIOS there is no option for me to disable my onboard chips it only give me all tis option
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/faithlessx/DSC00439.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6136/dsc00438wc2.jpg
my another question is will a PSU running on
Ac Input: 100-127/220-240v~7/3.5A 60/50 HZ
Dc Output: +5v-/20A MAX-12v-o.5A Max +12v1-10A Max
combined power on +3v and +5v rails not exceed 130w
combined power on +21v1 and +12v2 rails not exceed 20A
At ambient 25 degree total output power shall not exceed 300W
At ambient 50 degree total output power shall not exceed 270W
support a nvdia Geforce 7600GS DDr2 256MB?

and so could anyone like give me a feedback or something?..help is appreciated..=)

Your Power Supply will work fine. Most computers automatically disable the onboard video controller once you plug in the AGP card. You will just have to install the new drivers.

Don't worry about disabling the onboard video. Most likely it will be disabled automatically when you insert the separate video card. If not, then you will just have two video controllers active - not a problem either and maybe even a benefit.

Yes. First you download the new video card driver. Then go to the control panel and uninstall the old video chip drivers in the add remove programs menu. Don't reboot yet. Then you should be able to go to your Device Manager menu and disable the video chip under Display Adapter. Now turn off your computer. Install the new video card and boot up your computer. Install the new video driver and reboot! The important thing is that you uninstall the old video driver so it doesn't interfer with the new video driver. Your motherboard should make your old video chip disappear once you install the new video card, so you don't always have to disable the old video chip in the BIOS.

oh..ok thx..but i make a slight changes in my decision..i actually wanted to get 7600GS but now i bought a GeForce 6600GT DDR3 128MB can my PSU support this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back