Onboard graphics problems Geforce 4 integrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a MSI-K7N2G motherboard with a integrated Geforce 4 MX graphic card. I continue to try to update my drivers for this card by uninstalling the old one by going through display settings/adapter/driver.

I then run the newest forceware drivers from nividia after restart and my computer remains in default window graphics and all new hardware is found including my geforce 4 onboard. From this point on I don't know how to fix the problem. The newest rivers will not install and I am forced to revert to the old ones.

Any help to this problem would be appreciated as I need yo update that driver for newer games.

dont install the driver through driver update, Nvidia drivers have an install of their own, and will replace any old driver you have installed, just run the new drivers .exe and it will do the rest.

Ok I installed them after downloading and then restarted my computer. I then get the blue screen error which goes so fast i can't see what it says. Then I am forced to restart in last know working configuration.

I did a search on the motherboard you stated, it uses Nforce2 IGP which is based on geforce 4 chipset this may be the reason why the driver your trying to install is having problems, i also did a search on Nvidia's site for a nforce2 driver it gave me the following details.

Windows XP - Unified Driver Package
Version: 2.00
File Size: 26.1 MB
Release Date: November 20, 2002
Last Updated: Jan 29, 2003

this is the only uptodate driver that came up on the search give it a try it may work i'm guessing your using XP.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back