Onboard sound does not work...plz help!!

By ninjakill
Dec 14, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey what's up people! I got a little problem. My PSU was crapping out, so I decided to get a new one... I found a deal for a CPU case and PSU, so I just transferred the Motherboard, Hard Drives, etc... to the new case. I was extra careful to do it properly and not screw anything up, but something did! I have no sound whatsoever, neither my speakers nor the CPU speaker work at all. I have tried all the windows troubleshooters, to no avail. It was working perfectly before!! I have a K7SOM+ motherboard and Duron 2000+. I double checked in the manual to see if I did everything right, and the only thing different is that the new case does not have a front panel audio header, so I didn't touch those pins. I checked the BIOS and everything seems fine everything is enabled, nothing is muted, and speakers work fine... um, that is all I can think of right now.. if you can help me just shout back!!
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

Make sure that the I/O shield isnt touching the audio ports.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.