Status
Not open for further replies.

sphere00

hi,

i have onboard sound in my computer...here are the exact specs from Everest:

motherboard name: Matsonic MS8147C/C+/CR
chipset, north bridge: VIA VT8377A Apollo KT400A
chipset, south bridge: VIA VT8235

the audio device (i think, because this is the driver installed) is a c-media AC 97 device. the problem i'm having is while playing half life 2 - the game stutters badly when loading and playing sound...if i disable sound completely in the game, it runs extremely smooth. the half life support site says to update my onboard sound driver, but i need help in finding one that is signed by windows xp. i downloaded a realtek driver, but it wasn't signed, and xp gave me a warning saying it could cause my system to become unstable, so i didn't do it. any help? many thanks to anyone who responds. :)

thanks very much for the link...i tried a driver from there earlier, but everytime it was just about finished installing, my computer would just restart. when i checked the device after the restart, the device manager had the new driver version listed, but said no drivers were installed for the device. it caused all kinds of problems with restarts, so i just got rid of it and went back to the old driver. i guess i'll just have to buy a soundcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back