Onboard Video-AGP card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone-I've had the same problem with two different computers. (I know, I should never get onboard video. I won't make the mistake a third time.) I have onboard video and I can't get my monitor to even come on when the AGP card is in the slot. Even If I plug the monitor into the onboard video, there is no display as long as the card is in the computer. I've tried different cards too...no problem with PCI cards, but the AGP just won't even recognize the monitor. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Man, I've tried everything...as soon as I put the AGP card in, no video. I'm trying to upgrade from a PCI card, but I got the same kind of error when I Iad the BIOS set to PCI, so I don't think that the slot or the card are defective, I just feel like there is some setting that I can't figure out.

hey...first you should reconsidered reseting you rcmos it woldnt yield any results and loose any good settings that you have now.first which video card and mobo are you using.maybe your mobo doesnt have a fast agp interface like 8x and there is a confict if so it can be easily noticed in the bios agp settings.see what it is set to and also other setings.you should have also installed GART drivers if you have a via chipset then install via hyperion 4 in 1 driver.they are very necessary to run agp devices,if you have intel chipset it should be in the driver cd.check for any hardware conflicts with the agp bus.also check device manager and see that you have the agp drivers installed.check your onboard video in the bios and set it to default if available.there could also be jumpers on the mobo itself to do this look at your documentation.and lastly check your bios and see for a setting called init display first and see what this is set to ,this is the one which tells the pc to run which video slot first.

Thanks for replying-my video card is 9600 Radeon , my motherboard is ASUS A7V8X-LA. I should have included that...do I need to install the drivers first? I have installed the 4 in 1. Currently, I have a PCI card, but I can't get the machine to boot up properly with the Radeon card in the system-even if I plug the monitor into the onboard video or the PCI. It's as if putting anything in the AGP slot stops the whole boot process. I didn't clear the CMOS (admittely don't know how) so I'm okay there.

Also, according to the geniuses at Compaq, the slot is fine for this card...

try another agp video card on your mobo or your video card in another mobo.one of these is screwed up,either an outdated bios or firmware or a faulty hardware.find out which one has the problem first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back