One day only: Amazon slashes 15 percent off Kindles in celebration of recent FAA decision

Shawn Knight

Staff member

amazon kindles faa kindle price cut

Amazon is offering customers 15 percent off the regular sales price of multiple Kindle devices. The one-day sale is in celebration of the Federal Aviation Administration’s recent decision to allow airline passengers to use electronic devices during all phases of a flight including during takeoff and landing.

Through the remainder of today, shoppers can pick up the Kindle e-reader for $59, a $10 savings off the regular price of $69. If it’s a tablet you are after, the Kindle Fire HD can be had for $118 instead of the usual $139. Finally, the Kindle Fire HDX 7 is on sale for $195, down from the everyday price of $229.

In a statement on the matter, Amazon vice president Drew Herdener said his company has been fighting for their customers on this issue for years and they are thrilled by the FAA’s recent decision. It’s a big win for customers, further pointing out that Delta and JetBlue have already met conditions to allow their customers to fly gate-to-gate using an array of gadgets.

Last week, the FAA officially approved the use of electronic devices during all phases of flight. The decision was more than a year in the making as it was back in August 2012 when the FAA said they would be re-evaluating existing policies regarding the use of portable electronics during flights.

Simply enter the promo code “ThnksFAA” during checkout to receive the instant discount.

Permalink to story.

To me the Kindle is for Amazon Prime Members only. Which I am one but I don't own this device for several reasons. 7-inch and 8.9-inch where is the 10.1-inch. They need to release one. I am not paying almost $400 on 8.9-inch no way. Then it's all proprietary tablet it's not the standard Jelly bean. So your stuck using whatever they have to offer for it. All made to use Amazon Prime Instant Videos, Amazon Cloud, Amazon App Store, Amazon MP3, Amazon Kindle Reader an etc.

It's basically a tablet design to make them more profit and the prices for this item is so low because if you read the fine print it says the adverts from other vendors can be displayed on your screen savers. I don't need more ads in my face. Of course you can opt out and pay more for these tablets which is the trade off. Knocking 15% off them already outrageous pricing method just not going to fly with me.

Back