One of the 2.0 Speakers suddenly gets low

Hello Guys,

I have a pair of 2.0 Speakers (Philips Spk 106N). After a using them for a while the main speaker through which power is connected suddenly gets to very feeble volume (other one keeps working good) and gets well if I switch it On again.

What could be the possible error and solution ?

Possible issues: solder joint failure, failing component (resistor or capacitor), corrosion (either side of connections). Easiest is to check and clean connections. Other issues require access which may expose the repairer to dangerous high voltages if this unit gets power from the mains.

The Speaker unit starts working as soon as I restarts it.
Also the sudden lowering of volume occurs occasionally not on always. I think these could be a pair of powered speakers.

The Speaker unit starts working as soon as I restarts it.
Also the sudden lowering of volume occurs occasionally not on always. I think these could be a pair of powered speakers.

Sorry, unclear as to what significance. Two linked speakers, one of which has voltage conversion (high voltage), signal and amplification and the other (low voltage) receives and plays signal. Something is failing - likely inside a box consumers are not supposed to open. Sudden drop in signal could be from a bunch of issues inside the box. Needs technical education to be reasonable risk to open and mess around inside - so I recommend cleaning connections and hoping that will work.

Back