I just purchased a Magellan 4250 GPS, when I connected it to my systems I get a "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned". I get this on my Avertec 2370 laptop both when I connect it to one of the USB port on the laptop and to a powered USB hub. I then went downstairs to my Dell Precision 390 and connect it to the USB port (actually to both) and get the same error. Both system are running XP Pro. I assumed I have a defective GPS. Took it to work where I have a HP Kayak running Windows 2000 where I have installed a USB 2.0 / Firewire PCI card (since computer only had USB 1.1 support). Plugged the GPS into one of the USB ports, came up like a champ. Now I am confused, what should be my next step. I could always do my custom POI update here at work, It is just unsettling to have two very diverse systems (ok, they have same OS) have the same error.