One quick question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benz2002

I am in the market of purchasing a new comp or upgrading my existing one. I was planning to get a local computer place to customize my comp for me and build it. I won't provide specs because my question isn't technical, I have read hundreds of posts saying that getting someone to do it for you is best because they know what they are doing, others say get the parts yourself and give it to them to build (saving money and getting what you really want), or get the parts yourself and build it yourself. I am hesitant about the last one because I have never done anything like that before, although I have read that nowadays everything is straight-forward (eg, slot A into hole B). What does everyone suggest?

Let your local shop pick the parts according to your guidelines. This way, when you get any compatibility issues (your mobo doesn't like your video card for example), then it is the shop's fault and they should fix it.

If you give them a box of parts and tell them to assemble, then any compatibility problems are your own fault.

Well i suggest you build one yourself, a little research and a little care is all that's needed. Ive built over 30 pc's from scratch and saved vast amounts of money that way. Its the best way to get more megahertz for your money.

If you decide to go down that route you can cont on my help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back