ONE WAY Networking???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelyell

I know this sounds crazy, but it's really happening. I've been out of networking for a couple years now and just got my home net back up. Here's the setup: PC 1 is a desktop running XP Home with Intel Gigabit LAN on MBD, PC 2 is a desktop running Win 98 with a Linksys LNE 10/100 NIC, PC 3 is a laptop running Win 98 with a Linksys PCMCIA LNE 10/100 NIC. LAN is configured through a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL Router running DHCP. OK, here's the deal; PC 1 can browse the network and access files on PC 2 and 3; PC 2 can browse the network and access files on PC 1 and 3; but PC 3 cannot browse the network at all! Since files can be retrieved off PC 3, it doesn't seem like connectivity or settings like services, protocols, devices, etc. would be an issue. So why can't I access the LAN from PC 3? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Have you tried setting your router's IP as the default gateway on PC 3? Usually 192.168.0.1. Just a thought and I've found it helpful on occasion.

On PC #3, I would try uninstalling the network adapter from Device Manager and then rebooting and reinstalling it again.

This will reinstall the appropriate protocols and network services associated with that adapter, possibly fixing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back