1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

OnePlus One pre-order window opens next week, but only for an hour

By Shawn Knight · 4 replies
Oct 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The OnePlus One smartphone from OnePlus has been making waves since early this year. The high-end handset with a ridiculously low price tag has earned quite the following due to the fact that you can only buy one through invite....

Read more

2. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 989   +475

Why is this phone so special? I heard it has a lot of bugs since it's running Cyanogenmod. Yeah it's fast and cheap but so is Moto X and Nexus and you can install Cmod on both of those phones.

3. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,025   +453

Or if you really want one, just head over to their user forum section or facebook. I see a ton of people offering invites...not sure how legit, but they are there. I see they are taking the ZTE or Xaomiabcdefg approach...built 30,000, offer them for one hour, sell em, then say how you sold out in an hour. I guess that is the norm in China. Cuts down on overstock, but ticks off customers around the world, use to just ordering it and getting it.

4. This is a great phone. I myself have used the phone for a while. My background is with Galaxy S4. I am never buying another Samsung Phone.

elemental likes this.
  5. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 199   +34

Nexus 5 is cheap... no longer true for Nexus 6 and its $649 price tag.