Online gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kurupt

I have dial-up so I'm strictly limited to the mmorpgs that I play online. I used to play a few text based rpgs but I got bored of them fast. I'm looking for a game that's free and dial-up friendly (wishful thinking) that's about socializing and such. I looked at Furcadia (www.furcadia.com) but that's just not my style. So if any of you know what I'm talking about and have some suggestions, let me know.

ew. Runescape is terrible. I hate the graphics. Not to mention it got boring after playing it for a while. Sorry :p

Dial-up in 2007??!? Broadband is like $20 per month now! Just get some cheapo DSL r something.

I live in Northern New Hampshire :( which means no good ISPs are available.

Kurupt said:
I have dial-up so I'm strictly limited to the mmorpgs that I play online. I used to play a few text based rpgs but I got bored of them fast. I'm looking for a game that's free and dial-up friendly (wishful thinking) that's about socializing and such. I looked at Furcadia (www.furcadia.com) but that's just not my style. So if any of you know what I'm talking about and have some suggestions, let me know.

http://www.lineage2.com/ if you want to play I have several accounts you can try, also can help with ingame stuff. cheers:)

Kurupt said:
ew. Runescape is terrible. I hate the graphics. Not to mention it got boring after playing it for a while. Sorry :p

I agree, I hate ****-Scape. But dude broadband is only about 15-25 dollars now. Unless its not available in you area.

supersmashbrada: Just checked the system requirements for the game and unfortunately my excuse for a computer probably won't handle it :/

beef_jerky4104: Lol. Yeah it isn't available. I've checked quite a bit.

MetalX said:
Dial-up in 2007??!? Broadband is like $20 per month now! Just get some cheapo DSL r something.

Here in Mexico a good broadband service costs around $33 bucks, while the regular dial up service can be had for less than 8 bucks. That's why some people still prefer dial up.

Exactly. All I have is integrated graphics so, yeah. Self-explainitory.

you could try lowest details in game, helped me when i was using integrated stuff on my old laptop,

Well I would have Verizon DSL no doubt, but it's not available here right now. *Checks for other providers*
Everything else is way too expensive lol.

try out Soldier Front, any system can play that game. Its fast pace FPS, but beware... everyone there is uber good. Try out different weapon/armor combo by creating multi accounts xD
I got hook by this game even through I have CSS and BF2142.
http://sfront.ijji.com/

oh ya.. i was a long time beta Lineage 2 players ^_^ i still remember the massive lag on all servers. But imo that game = trash. Its grind alicious.
Grind + Carebears is what Lineage 2 is about. I got sick in my tummy just think of that game and it stupid second class transfer quest :S
fortunatly i get a chance to play it test server,,, i start pvping once i hit lvl 15, pking everyone stepping out of elven village >:)
Than progress to lvl 80 and start PVPing everyone i grind with, either pk or ask for a friendly duel. That game should be that way... 100x xp and let us all start pvping, but nawww, they gota make the grind hard as hell so they can drain every morons there that pay their monthly fee. sry for the rant. Its a good game if you like RPGing =] and they got hot dark elf showing lot of top skin to attract males, as well human TH with bottom skin lolx . (very desperate attempt by Nsoft imo to attract players)

Guild Wars plays just fine and dandy on modem as well as is very light on lesser powerful videocards.

I'd give Guild Wars a whirl as there are many dial-up/modem users, plus it has no monthly fee like many comparable online RPG games.

The only pain you will endure is patching it up to current- which will likely spin your modem for an entire weekend, but once the game is patched up to date- playing on modem is just fine/lag free with a decent dial-up ISP.

Lol. Alright I'll check out both of those.

***AHH. Soldier Front's download is like, 240 MB...if I want to be on my computer constantly for 4-5 days I could get it... :p***

upgrade to broadband man... it worth the switch.

DSL for decent high speed (around $20 usd)
Cable (rr) for super speed (around $40 usd)

whatever you do, GL =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back