online Networking Problem Solver

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DelJo63

Found this great Networking Problem Solver and thought a good defense is a better offense.
This should help users to do the prelimiary configs and debugging for themselves.

I would love to lift the content(ie: copy/paste) directly into this board,
but that's a major ethics and copyright issue, so just click the link and
be thankful :)

Site has a large page, especially if you're using Firefox; all the scripting
unfolds into a long presentation before you get to the real content.

<ctl>F for 'Please read this first' (please do so)
Then search for 'See the results'

Topics addressed at this site include:
Network adapter not visible in Device Manager
...Limited or no connectivity
...problem occurs only on a wireless connection
...The Networking Wizard does not run to completion
IP (Internet Protocol)
...Other transport protocols beside TCP/IP are installed,
...LAN adapter IP address is: 0.0.0.0
...LAN adapter IP address begins with 169.254
...The LAN adapter IP address begins with 192.168. or 172.16. - 172.31. or 10.
NetBIOS node type is Peer-to-Peer and I have no WINS server.
Ping doesn't work
...ping 127.0.0.1 doesn't work.
...ping localhost doesn't work
...ping w3.org on the Internet doesn't work
...ping computername inside the LAN doesn't work.
Firewall
... I have disabled the firewall, get firewall warnings for no protection, and want to get rid of these warnings.
... I have a third party firewall or antivirus software or a proxy server installed.
Internet connection
... I cannot create a remote access or dial-up network connection. All items on the "Network Connection" page of the New Connection Wizard are unavailable (greyed out). Possible error messages:
...Cannot load Remote Access Connection Manager. Error 711
...The Network Connections folder is empty.
...The Internet Connection Sharing and Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) services do not start because of a dependency failure.
...System log Event ID: 7023 or 20035
...Could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied.
...Connection failed. Your Windows network is not properly configured.
...Could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on local computer. Error 1068.
...Could not start the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service on local computer. Error 1068. The dependency service or group failed to start.
Network Neighborhood or My Network Places
... I get the error message: \\computer is not accessible ... The network path was not found.
... I get the error message: Workgroup is not accessible. Or I observe one of the following symptoms.
... I cannot access shares on other computers.
... I cannot locate other computers in the workgroup.
... When I double-click the workgroup in Network Neighborhood or My Network Places, I get the error message: Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
... I get the error message: Workgroup is not accessible. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.
... I get the error message: Access denied or a similar message or some indication that a wrong username or password has been used. Although I have entered the correct username and password I experience one of the following:
... Computers or shares or printers are missing in Network Neighborhood or My Network Places.
... The "Entire Network" folder is missing in Windows Explorer under Network Neighborhood or My Network Places. The Windows Network and workgroups folders are also missing.
Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
... An ICS client cannot control the Internet connection, e.g. cannot make the ICS host hang up
Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
... Internet Explorer problem with ftp server
... Internet Explorer or Outlook Express cannot find the network.
... Internet Explorer cannot completely display some web sites but displays others perfectly well.
... Internet Explorer displays a local content warning when I open documents with active content from a local disk.
... Internet Explorer shows other strange behavior or freezes or crashes.

{boy, sure wish we had support for HTML UL, LI tags }

Could not start Internet connection firewall ICF/ Internet connection sharing ICS service on local computer

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or have been marked for deletion

i can access the pc of next person on my pc.but he cant access my pc
all network settings are correct...i guess some problem in my services...

help me!!

dependencies are:
Network Connections + Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Windows Management Instrumentation+ (RPC)​
Start all three and then restart the the firewall

Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator service on local computer

Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure

===========================
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is running
but Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator is not
Network connections is also running
Windows management instrumentation started
Netlogon is starts and then stops...it says no purpose to run so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back