Only defualt monitor is recognised by OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reinstalled (repaired) Windows XP to improve performance on my PC. Everything is fine, but the screen resolution is limited to 800x600.
When I try increasing the resolution to 1024x768, I get an out of range message.

Checking the advanced/monitor tab, I see that only the default monitor is avilable. How do I get the OS to recognise and allow me to set up up my monitor (NEC Multisync LCD 1550V). This has been setup in the past as I've set the refresh rate.

Thanks

Hi,
Ok i think u need to check you refresh rate, and if your pc can't recognise it, then u may have to install its drivers, or try and search for it using add new hardware.

Cheers
Robin

The problem is that the monitor is not recognised, and I cannot set a refresh rate on the feault monitor. When I try and add hardware, I do not see the NEC Monitor there?

I've downloaded drivers for NEC Multisync LCD 1550V, but am not sure how to install these. There doesn't seem to be any .exe files with the drivers downloaded. All I see are three files, Security catalouge, setup information and ICC profile.

When repairing XP, the installation process did propmpt me for the Silicin Integrated Systems Installation disk (AGP). Now I assume this has something to do with the graphics card and the drivers required?

Now how would I go about determining the graphics card that my system has? Hopefully once I can confirm the model, I can download the driver and install that? just a hunch?

I downloaded some random SiSAGP drivers and rebooted and the hardware was recognised. I was able to change the monitor, resolution and rate refresh. :)

You have posted this twice.
Wich one do we reply to now ?
I replied to the newest with what i think is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back