OOPS - moved zip files, can't recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

I moved zip files to another drive without realizing it ( I thought I was just copying). The destination drive was formatted.

Now my zip disk is empty. How can I recover the files? Nothing has been written to the zip drive.

Perhaps you can find an undelete utility and try their trial version.

What format was the original drive? There are zillions of FAT undelete programs out there.

For NTFS there are two free tools that I know of: PC Inspector File Recovery and Restoration by Brian Kato

I've tried a few, but they don't see anything. I assumed when you move files, Windows jsut deletes the original files from the source.
thanks though

Nodsu said:
What format was the original drive? There are zillions of FAT undelete programs out there.

For NTFS there are two free tools that I know of: PC Inspector File Recovery and Restoration by Brian Kato
ok, now I'm getting another problem, the zip drive is only reading SOME of my zip disks.

Nodsu said:

Ok. I unlocked the zip drive and the file inspector program is working!

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back