Op-Ed: Whither Apple?

By Julio Franco
Feb 17, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. About a month back, I wrote a column called "Whither Windows 10," where I pondered where Microsoft was going with their big new product. Little did I think that, less than a month later, I would feel compelled to write...

Read more
  2. Guest17

Guest17 TS Enthusiast Posts: 92   +37

Apple is rotten to the core. There, I said it. I can't help myself. I had to say it. Apple is rotten to the core. There, I said it again.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,422   +470

I think I read at least 3 times crossroads, and I noticed while reading it again and again.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,372   +2,164

And their customers are worms.

Sent from my iPad.
    gingerbill and dms96960 like this.
  5. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,512   +675

And their stock holders ..... hmmmmmm, I for one am very happy!
    dms96960 likes this.
  6. Obzoleet

Obzoleet TS Booster Posts: 171   +9

Apple is horrible yes but what is more horrible is their customers.....a majority of them are loyal to the death for their apple products believing that nothing can beat the apple product....ugh, I have nightmares about those people...Put fact in front of their eyes and they will still deny that anything can be better then Apple :D

(Rant of the day completed)
    gingerbill likes this.
  7. I don't think Apple would be successful with a line of cars. The main focus of Apple is to have high profit products and sell its image as a cool-premium brand. In the automotive market they'll be facing many competitors in that market: Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, just to mention a few. And all of them have a track record of great, powerful and luxurious cars. All of them are already playing with self-driven cars. All these companies already have a huge distribution structure and it is very different than the distribution structure Apple has with its electronics (basically, that car manufacturing needs to be done closer to your intended market).