Open Forum: What are your most anticipated game announcements for E3?

Jos

Staff

The year's biggest event in gaming is approaching and as E3 is open to the public this year, fans may get the chance to experience some of the new games being announced. This year the Nintendo Switch will make its E3 debut, Microsoft’s Xbox One successor – Project Scorpio – is being fully unveiled, and Sony will no doubt pack its Media Showcase with some anticipated game debuts.

Games confirmed to appear in playable form on the show floor or in demonstration settings include Star Wars Battlefront II, Super Mario Odyssey, FIFA 18, a new Need for Speed title, among others, while a bunch others such as Call of Duty: WWII and Destiny 2 will at the very least get some new trailers to salivate over.

For this week's open forum we want to know what are you most looking forward to see on this year’s E3?

Permalink to story.

Nothing this year. How Sony responds to Scorpio is the only thing that will be worthy of note. Worst case for them: they have no answer to it but they don't need one because marketing. Best case scenario: They announce the PlayStation Premium in partnership with Nvidia or AMD which will outsell the Scorpio...because marketing.

In short, E3 will still be better than a Scorpio and it's all because of marketing.

The only ones I can think of are State of Decay 2 (loved the first game and the possibilities), Middle-earth: Shadow of War (enjoyed the nemesis system and the sense of power), and maybe Crackdown 3 (played #2 at a friends, was fun getting around).

Last edited:
Nothing this year. How Sony responds to Scorpio is the only thing that will be worthy of note. Worst case for them: they have no answer to it but they don't need one because marketing. Best case scenario: They announce the PlayStation Premium in partnership with Nvidia or AMD which will outsell the Scorpio...because marketing.

In short, E3 will still be better than a Scorpio and it's all because of marketing.

Sony won't switch over to Nvidia, they would have to drop backwards compat again to do that. It wouldn't look good for Sony releasing a console only in response to scorpio with zero games all the while Scorpio can work with all existing xbox one games. It took them 3 years just to build up a tiny game library, doing it again would just kneecap sales.

Sony won't switch over to Nvidia, they would have to drop backwards compat again to do that. It wouldn't look good for Sony releasing a console only in response to scorpio with zero games all the while Scorpio can work with all existing xbox one games. It took them 3 years just to build up a tiny game library, doing it again would just kneecap sales.

Could remember who helped Sony with the PS4's GPU when I made the OP.

As for not looking good...they've already done that with the PS4 Pro. It looked bad on paper, lots of people on the Internet complained, and both the standard and Pro models (last I checked) were steaming along in sales.

Given, it would be a bit silly for them to announce a new console at E3 so shortly after launching the Pro. But if the Scorpio's specs impress, they are going to answer it with something.

Really hoping to see something on Cyberpunk 2077. Also, RDR2 on pc is something I'm confident in happening considering how well GTA V did on pc.

I am surprised and disappointed at this "news". It's all already commonly known so unless we are getting more insight into game titles, etc. I don't see the value, unless of course we're just trying to take up empty space ......

Back