Open Poll: Games from E3 you are most excited about

Scorpus

Staff member

This week was a big one for gamers. The annual Electronic Entertainment Expo kicked off in Los Angeles, accompanied by a ton of news about upcoming games for PCs, consoles and even virtual reality systems. While many of the games detailed at E3 has been announced prior to the show -- such as Watch Dogs 2 and Battlefield 1 -- there was still a lot to get excited about.

Fallout 4 in virtual reality seems awesome for those that early adopted a headset, basically every Xbox One game is coming to PC, and Sony's impressive keynote was packed with compelling games. But what game took your fancy the most this year? Or did you find the show's announcements to be a disappointment? Let us know by voting in the poll below and in the comments should you want to add other titles or list in priority order the most prominent game releases you are looking out for. Hopefully we're in for a big year in gaming ahead.

Permalink to story.

I rarely ever get excited over games these days but took annual leave to watch the Battlefield 1 multiplayer reveal. There's something about the battlefield series that compels me to put in over a 1000 hours into each battlefield game DICE puts out.

The next one is Fallout 4 VR. Fallout 4 has been on my SSD for a while but I haven't really made a start on it. Full immersion can make even simple indie games fun and so VR should do wonders for Fallout 4.

Yeah... Just those two. I'm unable to elicit an emotion over anything else.

You forgot a few games here... Horizon Zero Dawn and Days gone.

Would have voted highly for these two..

I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game but am so so so disappointed in Nintendo. I completely understand having quality over quantity but...holy cow...they shouldn't have even bothered showing up to E3. The new god of war that Sony showed looked pretty good to.

For the poll I covered PC titles only, no doubt others like Horizon Zero Dawn and the new Zelda game will be huge, but that's where you come in to comment and suggest them since I don't follow console gaming much :)

My top 5 are all not on here, and how it that even possible?

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Civilization VI
4. Days Gone
5. God of War

Agree here too. Some of the console games on show from Sony in particular looked great

Sea of thieves here. In terms of games not too much else. The last 5 years people seem to be struggling making good narratives for games...

I'm excited about the new Civ, although to be honest I don't like the graphics. I know a lot of people have the same view, and I understand their reasoning behind making the graphics less realistic, but I hope a mod comes out almost as soon as the game launches.

I wouldn't say I'm excited but I think I'm looking forward too God of War and I liked Watch Dogs 1 so probably will get Watch Dogs 2

1. Battlefield 1
2. Battlefield 1
3. Battlefield 1
4. Battlefield 1
5. Battlefield 1

If it wasn't a PS4 exclusive, Nioh would be number 5! lol

My top 5 are all not on here, and how it that even possible?

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Civilization VI
4. Days Gone
5. God of War

I like your list! Ditto!

I am going to hold off buying the Nintendo NX or whatever it is though because I purchased both, the wii, and wii u expecting a good library to be made for both and both times I have been thoroughly disappointed. What makes me feel stupid about the whole deal is the Nintendo 3DS has that great library I want, and I haven't purchased one of them. DoH!

I have yet to finish watching all of the conferences. But here's a list anyways...

1. Horizon: ZD
2. God of War
3. Days Gone

Jury is out on the new Resident Evil. Watched the E3 spot and played the demo and wasn't sold. Then there was also Kojima's Captain Planet game they didn't preview. Points for being mysterious, I guess.

Call me crazy but I find it hard to get hyped over being lied to. E3 isn't for fans. It's for investors and false hope sells a lot of pre-orders which are bad for consumers and prone to misrepresentation. Also, how much ACTUAL gameplay was in these trailers?

Oh and Dishonored 2 gets a pass for having an acceptable amount of gameplay in the trailer.

Call me crazy but I find it hard to get hyped over being lied to. E3 isn't for fans. It's for investors and false hope sells a lot of pre-orders which are bad for consumers and prone to misrepresentation. Also, how much ACTUAL gameplay was in these trailers?

Oh and Dishonored 2 gets a pass for having an acceptable amount of gameplay in the trailer.

They did live demos for most of the games being listed in this thread.

For the poll I covered PC titles only, no doubt others like Horizon Zero Dawn and the new Zelda game will be huge, but that's where you come in to comment and suggest them since I don't follow console gaming much :)

While I am a PC gamer at heart. I will play console games that stand out from the rest. This E3 had quite a few of them.

Technically, the new "Xbox One" games (like Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, State of Decay 2) are also going to be on PC because of Xbox Play Anywhere.
And I see you have Sea of Thieves up there though lol

Hmmmm... the only ones I'm "excited" for are:
-Sea of Thieves (not meant to be an MMO, so the SP/Co-op should be great)
-Halo Wars 2 (the cutscenes were amazing, gameplay was ok though)
-Scalebound (Platinum is making it. And it might finally have the gameplay I've been wanting involving dragons)
-State of Decay 2 (best zombie game I've played to date that focused on SP. And the only gripe I had was that it had no co-op lol, which this one fixes)
-Dishonored 2 (loved the first one)
-Titanfall 2 (loved the concept of the mechs in the first one. Hated no SP, which this one should fix)

And I'll throw Mass Effect: Andromeda in here because I want to be excited for it, but after ME3's ending, I'm very wary of it...

Back