TechSpot

open source

By Tedster
Aug 21, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. How 'bout a new forum just for open source software?
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

What sets open source software apart from miscelaneous software?

Why does it need to be distinguished from the rest. We recommend open source software quite frequently, and discuss it as well.

Adding more forums just clouds up the boards, especially one that I don't think will be used as frequently as the others.
    We tried a programming forum a while back and had some rough results with it. I see this about the same way.

That's just my opinion. Thanks for the suggestion BTW.
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Topic Starter Posts: 10,074   +13

There's been a general trend by the computing population to use more open source software like Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firefox, Sunbird, openoffice, and the like.... miscellaneous covers a much broader area. This is why I suggested it.
  4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

I agree with poert that there's no need to create a new forum just to discuss Open Source programs...

Especially since the range of Open Source programs are just as broad as miscellaneous programs are...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.