OpenGL on WindowsXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, brand new to the board, but i wanted to see if this would be the spot to find the answer to my question. I installed WindowsXP Professional about 24 hours ago, and i tryied loading up Jediknight2, an openGL game running on the Quake3 engine. Unfortunaly i get a nice little error when it tryied to load up.
Code:
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem
and that's beginning to get on my nerves.
Is it possible for someone to point me in the right direction by any chance?

thanks in advance.
Darky

please post your system specs. It is likely that you are using the stock driver for your video card that comes with windows xp, when in fact you will have to download a new driver from the manufacturer's website that supports windows xp.

if you have an nvidia card try the latest detonator xp drivers.

wow, i compeltely forgot that
i'll do my best with system specs...

AMD Tb 1.2 - 512 Sd Ram - 40GIG Maxtor - WindowsXp - Voodoo3 2000 PCI stock - the rest is mostly just general plug and play stuff.
being broke doesn't help with state of the art computers....

as for the driver, 3dfx isn't putting out any more drivers for hte Voodoo3 chipset, so far as i know. there are third party drivers, but A) i don't know how to install them on WindowsXP and b) i don't knwo where to get them

HELP

your said to post my system specs so here they are windows XP, 1296mhz genuineintel pentium VI vid card-nvidia geforce 2 mx/mx 400. direct x 9 plz tell me what driver to download for the open gl thingy. thxs:D

Please learn how to type correctly for people to understand what you want.

Luckily, i play Counter Strike with all those 10 year old kids and could understand.

Go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest Detonator drivers.

XP came with nVidia drivers ( ver 12.41 or something ) & for some reason those drivers did not support OpenGL. *cough*Microsoft*cough*

As Matt said, you just need to install drivers from the nVidia website. Up to versions 2x.xx should really be best for GeForce 2 generations but you can try out the newest Forceware drivers if you wish to use the latest nView innovations & such.

Open Gl error!!

I tried to get Medal of Honor to work on my comp, but I cant figure it out... I have a G Force 4 ti 4600 vid card, XP and any help would be great
Thanx

anybody can tell me how to find out what kind of video card i have installed .. sorry noob question ..but can;t figure that out!

i have downloaded a OpenGl extenstion Viewers but still don't know which one it is? pls help .. i have the same problem with this OpenGl thing

I had this problem but now its fixed, heres what you do:
Delete all the opengl .dll files in the gamedata folder except for 'OpenAL32.dll'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back