Operating system issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoWoodbridge

when i boot my computer for some reason it wont pass the part where it says its loading windows xp it just stays on that black screen with the windows xp logo.

but when i put that hard drive into a different computer it passes the windows xp loading screen.

any ideas what could be wrong

Probably bad hardware. first thing to check would be the ram. download memtest and check your ram. or if yuo have access to other ram use it.

dwnld any new softs had issue with incd from nero would do same thing
did you try safe mode or last known good condition
and strange does it boot with no errors on diff machine is that machine using same MB and hardware???

RoccoWoodbridge said:
when i boot my computer for some reason it wont pass the part where it says its loading windows xp it just stays on that black screen with the windows xp logo.

but when i put that hard drive into a different computer it passes the windows xp loading screen.

any ideas what could be wrong

That all depends on which PC the OS was installed on ?, if it was the second PC the one that works thats why it loads, and if the other has a different Motherboard or chipset then it wont work,

XP like 2K and NT relies on identifying what Hardware is present when it is first installed, it creates what is known as the Hardware Abstraction Layer and this is checked each time the PC is booted, if the hardware is different then either it wont boot or it will but will asked to be reactivated due to different hardware..

Post back and let us know if the PC's are identical or different, you may have to open the cases to see, if they are the same PC and have identical innards then it may be a conflict of some kind with the none working PC.

well , the os was installed on the first pc the one that doesnt work. but when i take that hard drive out of that pc and put it into a different one , it works perfectly loads windows properly.

but when i put it back into the original pc, the one with the issues , it doesnt load windows and it stays on the loading screen.

thats wierd ,should be the opposite
this sounds like you need to update the MB drivers hard ware drives
and or hardware errors
go to bios Delete key on boot or F1 (laptops)
make sure stop on hardware errors is not checked and or any type of errors for hardware stops most bio's have this feature
leave keyboard ,mouse errors alone
if still doing this the use the OS install disc and do a driver repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back