operating system not found

By deadlaptop
May 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My HP Omnibook VT6200 was working fine up until the point it wouldn't work at all. It went to a fatal error screen that ended with a physical memory dump. Now when I try to boot, I get the HP screen and can go to the bios, but after that it does nothing but say operating system not found. I've been told it could be a virus, power supply problem or hard drive issue. I'm thinking hard drive, but I don't know that much about them. It's been this way for a few months now, and on two occassions it actually started back up. One time I got all the way to the desktop with no problems at all before it crashed again. The second time it got through a scandisk check and then on to the welcome screen for Win XP before it ground to a halt and eventually popped up the fatal error screen again. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
  2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 Newcomer, in training Posts: 168

hmm it sure sounds like its the hard drive so i guess you should look in to getting a new hard drive
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.