Operation: Stick it to the man (Fry's)

mmarshall

So I had a dead PSU....needed to make a return to Fry's. They would not take the dead PSU without the box...

Frys: "that's going to cost you 10% sir".
Me: "10%...Arrrgg...Ok I guess if I have too, but it's not even going back on the shelf...it's dead.".

Well Fry's didn't like that...associate confirs with manager....

Frys: "Sorry sir, you purchased this 42 days ago....we have a 30 day satisfaction gaurantee"
Me: "But I'm going in to buy a better one, I'm going to spend another 100 bucks.
Frys: "No"
Me: "Listen...I've probably spend 10 grand here over the last 3 years...and I rarely return items....don't ya think you can make an exception for an exceptional customer?"
Me: "Humor me for a moment and please check your system...you'll see what I'm saying is true."
Me: "Well @#$% this, this @#$% sucks....I'm not spending a single cent here again....@#$%hole"

So Acidjrqmiq & I leave the building....

Me: "F this Acidjrqmiq...this is #$%^8....desparated times call for desparate measures....I officially declare the launching of Operation Stick It To The Man"
Acidjrqmiq: "What are we gunna do??"
Me: "Alpha stage calls for a trip to PC Club"
Acidjrqmiq: "Alpha stage is gunna have to wait till tommorow...look at the frigging freeway".
Me: "F! F!...lets bail.................F! I hate you Fry's Return Manager!"

i do believe i had a "are you F**king kidding me?" in there as well... after i walked ALLLL the way out to the car to get the power cable...

this is like Beta stage, let the world know!

Thats is bad for sure.

However, feel fortunate that you live on the west coast and can shop at frys.

On the east coast we dont have frys instead we have best buy...you get that kind of service all the time at twice the price of course!

Trust me, this is not easy. When Acidjrqmiq and I started to drive off, I stopped for a second and debated on wether or not I should go back and make a purchase anyway. I'm proud to say that I didn't....and I didn't get the Seasonic M12 that I wanted. Instead I let PC Club sell me a Cool Master. Hopefully the home office will be accomidating.....because I realy like shopping at Frys!

Cheers.

Unless it is something that I dont feel like waiting for, or dont want to pay shipping for (Fan, screws or something like that) I use online.

Complain to Fry's corporate. Blog about it, post it to Digg (works better if you have a little clan of friends to digg you up enough to get to the main page). I recently saw a rant about Best Buy on Digg and that got some things taken care of for the dude, companies hate widespread negativity about themselves.

I think you have been treated very badly and need to do something about this.

Write a letter of complaint to John Fry the ceo of Fry`s Electronics and send it by recorded delivery or whatever the equivalent is in the US.

600 East Brokaw Rd.
San Jose, CA 95112
Tele: 408-487-4500
Fax: 408-487-4700

If the guy cares at all, he`ll do something about it.

Also, take onboard what SNGX1275 has said. Big companies definitely don`t like negative feedback in public.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the support fellas. Since getting my new PSU, I lost a bit of the thunder needed to move on to Stage Bravo: Contact HQ.

My spirit is rekindled...I will update when something happens.

Cheers.

The more support the better gentlemen.

We'll really stick it to them if we get enough people to rally with us on digg.

A very recent edition of PC Magazine contains a column where the author included a complaint about a bad experience at Fry's. If need be, I can find it and give specifics later. Anyway, if Fry's was sensitive to criticism, you'd think this complaint in a respected national (USA) publication would get their attention.

BTW, we have Best Buy on the west coast too.

Back