Opinion:Is my monitor dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Hey guys, I just have a quick question. I have a KDS 17" Pure Flat CRT monitor and lately it has been acting strangely. Every now and then the imagine on the screen bends as if I hit the degaus button, except the image stays clear and it makes no noise, it just bends and goes back. Is she getting close to giving up the ghost? :rolleyes:

Also about a month ago it was making a high pitched noise till I changed the refresh rate a couple times, currently at 60hz.

Are you near any power sources? I had the fortune to troubleshoot a workstation with the same issue. He was on the other side of a wall from a microwave oven. Every time the oven powered up---Whoosh!!!---there went his screen. Drove him nuts 'til I came over and pointed out the problem. Funniest thing I'd seen in awhile.

unshielded speakers near the monitor? If you have speakers near the monitor that are supposed to be shielded, might want to check them and make sure the "bucking magnet" has not fallen off (this is what shields them, its a magnet glued to the speaker's magnet in reverse polarity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back