Opinion on changing to XP 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdunka

I am currently running XP Pro on my Ferrari 4005 laptop with a AMD Turion64 ML-37 CPU. I've had it for about six months now and I'm extremely happy with its power. However, I have a copy of XP 64 that I purchased through my college and I've been somewhat cautious to load it on. I've been monitoring the drivers and now that I can get pretty much each one that is x64 compatible, I've been considering loading it on. I do some gaming, but I mostly use this system as my desktop replacement and do a lot of programming on it.

Is there any particular reason that I should load it on? Am I going to gain any big advantage by doing so? Or should I just stick with my current XP Pro? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

no. I don't recommend it. There are very few programs that support 64 bit and even fewer drivers for peripherals. 64bit processors are way ahead of their time in terms of software.

Thanks for the opinions. I didn't know if I was going to notice a huge difference or not. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back