Opinions On Build

Jad Chaar

Hey guys, would love some opinions on this build I am planning on putting together this summer: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DTrcvV.

I am a bit hesitant about the case because it has 5 fans included, which is awesome, but they are all molex. So my question is: can I use a molex to 3 pin adapter to connect these to the motherboard fan headers? Also, what are people's experiences with molex fans?

Any case and case fan recommendations?

Also, any way to get W10 cheaper? Could I rip my W7 key from my old laptop as an upgrade into the W10 installer?

Last edited:
Fans are rather inexpensive. You can always replace them, one at a time if needed.
If I connect the fans to the motherboard with the molex adapters would I get the same fan speed tuning (done by the motherboard)? I have not dealt with molex based fans before :(.

When you are ready to install Windows 10 buy a key on eBay to activate it. I bought a W7 desktop shortly after the free W10 upgrade was discontinued. No problems validating Windows 10 and it was inexpensive too.

Looks good.
Do you already have mouse, keyboard, and monitor?
And what about a storage drive? You may need more storage than 500GB on the SSD.

Yup! I have all the other needed stuff. I was gonna add a HDD at a later point. Haven't had a ton of time to do hardcore gaming in the past year, so I am gonna keep the SSD for my most played games. Then expand later on.

So I have increased the RAM to 16gb, changed motherboard to x370 and added in a custom air cooler. Should be good.

For a new silent quick pc avoid mechanical drives all together. Use strictly SSD's, you'll be glad u did.

Back