Opinions on new Forums

Julio Franco

Staff member
I know this one should have gone into Comments & Suggestions, but since moderators aren't set up yet, I will take the chance and do whatever I want ! :p

heh, actually since there are almost no posts right now I thought people could get to see this message better than in the comments forum.

So, what do you think about design, organization, features, speed ???

I still have to add more smilies, and avatars are supposed to come from you, once you get your post count back , though.

The new forum's great, i certainly appreciate all the extra features and functionality present that the old forum never had. :)

1 question though, what has happened to all the old forum's posts and post counts? I was discussing something in a topic about optical mice and i may never know the conclusion if that topic has been lost. :(

So many forums.... :eek: :)

Still, we've got plenty of enthusiastic moderators.

Extremely nice job Julio!

[FONT=century gothic]They certainly look better! But I miss the "Everything Hardware" section. I liked everything in the same place, not like 6 different subcategories. [/FONT]

Originally posted by Vehementi
[FONT=century gothic]They certainly look better! But I miss the "Everything Hardware" section. I liked everything in the same place, not like 6 different subcategories. [/FONT]

I AGREE! I think it should be more general topic groups and not specific groups within general groups.

That was to be expected, however as forums grow, this kind of change was going to be needed. So, better early than later.

They certainly look better! But I miss the "Everything Hardware" section. I liked everything in the same place, not like 6 different subcategories.

[Font=century gothic]Not enough smilies! Or are they reserved for the higher ranked people...? We'll have to wait for everyone to recreate their accounts, there's not much thread activity as of now.[/FONT]

ALL USERS: Read this first !

Old forums are available via IP address.

Originally posted by Snowy Commando
The new forum's great, i certainly appreciate all the extra features and functionality present that the old forum never had. :)

1 question though, what has happened to all the old forum's posts and post counts? I was discussing something in a topic about optical mice and i may never know the conclusion if that topic has been lost. :(

so, when will we get avatars and posts? do you have a time line for all of this stuff?

thanks, overall all of the new features seem very nice

I like!
icon14.gif

I on the other hand do like having new forums instead of them being more generalized. Going to have to get used to the new post a thread and reply window, but its cool. I'm excited about it.

Originally posted by Vehementi
[Font=century gothic]We'll have to wait for everyone to recreate their accounts, there's not much thread activity as of now.[/FONT]

They'll be comin' soon :)

Originally posted by SNGX1275
I like!
icon14.gif

I on the other hand do like having new forums instead of them being more generalized. Going to have to get used to the new post a thread and reply window, but its cool. I'm excited about it.

I think its not a bad thing to re-invent the forum groups but as the saying the goes, "if it aint broke, don't fix it"

or then again, maybe i just don't like the groups that have been invented. :confused:

Forum Search feature rarely getting used

In the old forum, there was always topics discussed repeatly because the search feature was not used enough to find topics that were already concluded and hence another topic on the same subject would be started.

I think one solution maybe to make a forum group for "how to?" guides which can only have topics that are a question so that when users search the forum group they should be able to find the topics easier. Anyway, its just a suggestion. ;)

Clean and performant

I like the clean and tight new look and you are right when you state the board is ready for the future. Something tells me this board is here to stay.

The "Real" uncleel

yea, somebody tried to steal my nickas a "guest", but you were deleted by administrative function. :p

I'm impressed...

I have to say that this forum software sports an impressive amount of features. Very nice indeed. It takes a little longer to load on my cruddy 56k than the old forums though (Probably because a more complex layout), but it is worth the wait.

new forum

I liked the old forum and Ilike the new one even more.
The intelligence and knowlege displayed on these pages never ceases to amaze.:eek:

Thanks a lot for the positive comments. I should be adding all the icons that were available on Jawbreaker in a few minutes, we will be using a similar scale up thing (based on posts) that will be better explained on the Avatars post on this same board.

Any kind of additions or suggestions are welcome, and keep the comments coming, overall this board is much more complete than Jawbreaker, it takes a while to get used to, but looks good and feels right even when using a lot of its features.

For 3ds staff...

I'm sure that you guys most be answering questions by the thousands, but is a java chat or something of the sort supported on the new forum?? I made a post a while back about having a chat room on the forum and it looked as though everyone like the idea...:grinthumb

Nice!

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
Any kind of additions or suggestions are welcome, and keep the comments coming, overall this board is much more complete than Jawbreaker, it takes a while to get used to, but looks good and feels right even when using a lot of its features.

I really like the new look!! (Though it took me a while to find the board (note to self: update bookmarks!) ;))

I guess it'll take some getting used to, but...

Did I say I liked it? ;) :D

Back