Optical Mouse Problem: Pointer won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsweek

Hey, yesterday, I dropped the mouse to the desktop ( real wooden desktop, not the OS' desktop ) from a height of, maybe, 1 inch. After that, the mouse pointer wont move :dead: :dead: .. But the wheel and the 5 buttons of the mouse work. I'm sure that this is NOT a driver problem because the pointer won't work on Windows and Linux.

It's an A4-Tech (Big Wheel) Shining Zoom 5K Optical Mouse. The model is BW-26. Hoping that someone could help me. Thanks :slurp: :)

If it's anything like my optical mouse, which I've dropped from far more than a lowly inch on a number of occasions, try giving it a good firm tap (don't put your hand through the top of your desk, but make it a firm one lol). Works a treat for me. Before you do this though, look underneath it and check that the light is on and in place, and that the lens is clear of debris - and then run your finger legthways over the lens (covering it all the while) to check to see if the light illuminates/gets brighter.

The LED is shining as usual.. I didnt find any dirt or debris on the hole where the LED shines.

Spike said:
...and then run your finger legthways over the lens (covering it all the while) to check to see if the light illuminates/gets brighter.

as I do that, the LED blinks a little..From dim to bright and vice-versa

ah. It's not supposed to blink. It's suppost to light properly, and then go off.

Unless giving it a good tap against the sesk works, it sounds like you either need a new mouse, or need to make sure it's plugged in properly. sorry.

Noo. Giving it a tap from the desk 'wakes' it up. It goes from dim to bright. After a one or two seconds it goes back to dim mode. Sometimes it takes longer to go back to dim mode.

doomsweek said:
Noo. Giving it a tap from the desk 'wakes' it up. It goes from dim to bright. After a one or two seconds it goes back to dim mode. Sometimes it takes longer to go back to dim mode.
lifting the mouse off the desktop will cause the transition from bright to dim.
just laying it down will do the reverse.

You can pick up a cheap and nasty trackball mouse for as little as £3

maybe a cheap optical for as little as £5. Your choice really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back