Optical Mouse Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here's the deal. I have a USB Optical Mouse from Logitech and I run Win XP. Problem: recently, though this has never before, my mouse would stop responding for a moment, the light would go off, and my computer would make that sound win xp makes when you plug in a new hardware. Then it would just work again only to happen again a little while later. This is completely randomly and if I plug the mouse into another port the problem is still there.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could just be a faulty mouse.

Do the rest of your usb devices work correctly?

Try a different mouse, and see what happens.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

s3xynanigoat said:
Do you step or sit on the cord to the mouse with your chair often? :)
No, I don't.

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could just be a faulty mouse.

Do the rest of your usb devices work correctly?

Try a different mouse, and see what happens.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Thanks! :D The rest work, yes. I tried a different mouse and it works. Thanks!

Sodisna said:
If your mouse is wireless, replace the batteries. If not, make your mouse is clean.
It wouldn't matter if its clean or dirty based on the symptoms he's having. It makes the USB device removed sound, a dirty mouse wouldn't do that.

Sounds like either a bad usb connection on the end of the cord, a short in the cord (like what happens to crappy headphones sometimes, and you bend them a bit and they work), or just something screwed up in the mouse itself.

The good news is if it wasn't some $40 mouse, you can pick up a new optical one for about $10 at walmart that works fine for normal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back