Optimizing settings for utorrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse

Hi all, Whts the best optimizing settings for utorrent? or can some one advise me of a better a better torrent program?
my rates sit at an average of 15 - 20k, thats just pathetic.
thanx in advance

It may not be the program. I get amazing speeds using BitComet with no changes to the settings but that has a lot to do with the people seeding. If there are tons of leechers and only a few seeders there may be nothing you can do to speed it up.

Raise your upload speed but keep it under your max upload if you're on a cable connection or you'll slow the downloads.

yeh i know about seeder and leacher i kow how bittorrent works, i was just after optimizing a particular progam to get the best out of it.

Are you connectable? Might be a NAT problem, utorrent has an option somewhere to test if you are connectable.

Other than that, the only reason you'd be slow is the seeders have crappy ul speeds. Might want to check on what your settings are for inbound and outbound connections.

hi,

i came to know about techspot searching for utorrent tweaks. man i find easy to understand main thing!... thanks techspot for creating this great site

hi, i hve 128 kbps speed... with beetel 220BX ADLS2+ MODEM... i get a speed any where from 12 to 14 kp/s.... is this normal? Windows firewall is off, referring posts i changed my settings.. still same. i also use the patch from lullord. pls help

at nite or dawn (India) i get max of 29 kb/s never beyond...

You can't just say you are having speed concerns and then not address any of the questions asked in the thread up until this point. Address those and maybe someone can help/offer suggestions.

sorry i didnt get you.. those i searched were regarding bandwidth of 256 kbps.. I m having 128 kbps broadband Airtel.. so whether the speed i get using utorrent is normal or no? if not how i can increase it? thanks in advance

You can test to see if your recieving connections like SNGX1275 said.

Open utorrent, go to options at the top, in the sub-menu select speed test and then from there you can check.

Regards Jase :)

Find how to get to this screen in uTorrent. I forget exactly where it is, perhaps going to Speed Guide, but I'm not entirely sure.
u16.png

Click on test if port is fowarded properly. If it is, there isn't much you can do, you could try increasing the amount of connections per torrent in the preferences, or slowing your upload some.

Yes, thats the one i'm on about to SNGX1275. lol

You have to click options at the top, then speed guide.

One more thing are you using a router? If so you might have to forward the ports.

Regards Jase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back