orange livebox and wireless laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

OK so today i got the orange livebox for wireless around the house. I hooked it up to my PC and the net works fine. however, when trying to connect it wirelessly to my laptop it wont. the Laptop finds the livebox occasionaly and i press connect. but it just stays on the connecting box and after 1 minute or so it disappears still leaving me disconnected. i have been to the orange website and tryed every solution that they listed but nothing seems to work. when it attempts to connect to the livebox it says "waiting for the network" then goes.

justinone said:
OK so today i got the orange livebox for wireless around the house. I hooked it up to my PC and the net works fine. however, when trying to connect it wirelessly to my laptop it wont. the Laptop finds the livebox occasionaly and i press connect. but it just stays on the connecting box and after 1 minute or so it disappears still leaving me disconnected. i have been to the orange website and tryed every solution that they listed but nothing seems to work. when it attempts to connect to the livebox it says "waiting for the network" then goes.

Hi

I had a little bit of fun trying to set this up for my son in law, the CD supplied took about 20 minutes of clicking before we finally got any joy, short story we scrapped orange as we couldnt get a decent connection rate, but as for your problem have you ran the setup disk, I remember the option to add a PC to the livebox on it, try running the disk again in case it was a bad file copy, dont bother trying to ring for help I was on hold for 45 minutes at an 0870 rate before getting an indian lad who couldnt grasp the problem I was having.

Regards

OK i will try that, thanks for replying, i think your right about the file i may have installed the wire connection for my pc.

justinone said:
darn still no good. Do i need to install the software on my laptop also?

Like I said i think you have to run the disk on each PC you want to add to the service.

Regards

i try to install the software on my laptop however every time i starts to configure, it tells me i have my firewall switched on? i have no other AV software and i have turned off windows firewall. why does it tell me this?

Problem solved...!!! The problem had nothing to do with the livebox or the laptop. it was simply my wireless tv receiver interfering with the livebox. all works great now. thanks for ur help anyways. ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM. REMOVES ANY OTHER WIRELESS DEVICES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back