Organize your cluttered keyring with KeySmart 2.0

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

organize keysmart kickstarter

If your keyring is a bulky, cluttered mess (aren't they all?), check out KeySmart 2.0 - the compact key organizer that made waves during its Kickstarter campaign. TechSpot readers can grab one 26% off, for just $16.99 + free shipping.

Creator Michael Patrick describes his invention as "The minimalist key ring with maximum strength". KeySmart's claim to fame lies in it's small form, which still enables the device to fit up to 10 keys in a Swiss-army knife fashion. KeySmart accommodates most sizes of keys, and is able to fit two times the amount of keys in just half the space thanks to its efficient design.

You can attach your USB drives and car remotes to the built in polished loop. KeySmart is made of aluminum which makes it lightweight, strong, and most importantly, very affordable.

The KeySmart 2.0 currently retails for $23, but you can purchase it today for 26% off - $16.99 including shipping. Make sure to take advantage of this deal before it ends in a couple of days.

Permalink to story.

Way too expensive even when it's on special. It's also a gimmick as far as I'm concerned. I've never been uncomfortable or hamstrung by the old fashioned 10c key ring, they're just trying to reinvent the paper clip and make a fortune from the gimmicky types although there's not much wrong with that, I'd do the same.

People are hating on this but I actually like it. Sure it may be overpriced but you're not buying a lot of them, you're only buying one. I'm definitely considering buying one of these with all of the keys I have.

My only question is if they have a spot for lanyards

People are hating on this but I actually like it. Sure it may be overpriced but you're not buying a lot of them, you're only buying one. I'm definitely considering buying one of these with all of the keys I have.

My only question is if they have a spot for lanyards

yeah, but how do you use your keys? this looks like a swiss army knife type key ring, which means you have to pull your key out with your other hand to use it. That won't be easy when you're carrying something. With a normal keyring you can easily pull your keys out of your pocket and select the key you need without a 2nd hand. can you do that with this keyring?
I'd want one that has a spring loaded single key that can be extended with a button push or something similar.

yeah, but how do you use your keys? this looks like a swiss army knife type key ring, which means you have to pull your key out with your other hand to use it. That won't be easy when you're carrying something. With a normal keyring you can easily pull your keys out of your pocket and select the key you need without a 2nd hand. can you do that with this keyring?
I'd want one that has a spring loaded single key that can be extended with a button push or something similar.

Spring loaded does sound like it would be a nice improvement, but I have 7 keys on my ring and carry around 2 USB's separately. It would be nice to be able to keep it all together on one holder and not have it floating around poking me or scratching my cell phone. In the demonstration it didn't look like there was too much resistance, so you might be able to do it with one hand once you got used to the ring holder, kinda like with pocket knives. Most people use two hands to open one, some people can use one hand to open a swiss pocket knife

I'm not gonna lie, I would get one of these. I might order one actually. Would work perfectly for me.

I actually don't like this design. Looks like it would be a lot easier to have it slide out of a pocket and get lost. At least with keys the bulk keeps them in a pocket, and the noise of dropping keys is a lot more noticeable than a single tight little package like this. Personally I have one house key, one garage opener and the rest are work keys. Not something I need. Plus having to fold out the key each time you need it seems like a pain. If they had a mechanism like car keys with a button to flick the key out, that would be interesting, but probably too bulk'key'.

Also more and more "Smart homes" and Internet Of Things is meaning that digital means of unlocking are becoming more prevalent. I don't see the business lasting due to the burgeoning smart home sector. And unless they can patent it Leatherman, Victorinox and others will have versions out.

I've 12 keys on a key ring I carry with me daily and 4 of those would not fit this device. They are on one key ring for a reason so it would automatically rule me out from buying something like this.
I do also have other keys that would also not fit this but they are on a separate key ring as they are only used now and then.
Also as others have said, it seems very overpriced for what it is.

Back