Organizing/moving 'Other Bookmarks' section within Firefox version 49.0.2

I have been using Mozilla Forefox for several years on my desktop. My newest version (49.0.2) now has Other Bookmarks as a section. How can I copy or move what has been saved in Other Bookmarks into my regular Bookmark sidebar list (other than moving them one at a time)?

Have you tried right clicking on it (other bookmarks) & click copy, then pasting it in where you want it? Mine is empty so I can't try it.

If you click on "Show All Bookmarks," you can click on the Other Bookmarks folder and cut and paste the listed bookmarks. Use the Shift key with the mouse pointer to select the whole block of bookmarks at once.

If you click on "Show All Bookmarks," you can click on the Other Bookmarks folder and cut and paste the listed bookmarks. Use the Shift key with the mouse pointer to select the whole block of bookmarks at once.

I followed your directions exactly but now my Other Bookmarks are all that shows under Bookmarks Menu and all the ones I used regularly are gone. How do I retruieve the others?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have inadvertently deleted them but I can't be sure what you did. Go back to Show All Bookmarks, click on Import and Backup. Select "Restore" and you should see backups from a drop down menu. Select one that is dated before you had this problem.

If it works as it is supposed to, your bookmarks will be restored to that date. That could mean you will have to manage your bookmarks again.

You may have inadvertently deleted them but I can't be sure what you did. Go back to Show All Bookmarks, click on Import and Backup. Select "Restore" and you should see backups from a drop down menu. Select one that is dated before you had this problem.

If it works as it is supposed to, your bookmarks will be restored to that date. That could mean you will have to manage your bookmarks again.
Thank you so much. This worked perfectly and I now have redone it and all is fine!

Back