OS can't detect USB port after config\SYSTEM file corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiredHead

I got this error message when booting up my pc "Windows\system32\config\system file missing or corrupted."

Then I found a solution to replace the corrupted file from the windows\repair folder.

After reboot, it can boot into windows, but just show the start menu. Now the problem is, it can’t detect the USB mouse and USB keyboard.

It can detect before it boot into windows (eg. I can go into setup utility using the keyboard or I can press F8 to boot into safe mode)

Any idea how to solve this?

additional information
i've tried to do troubleshooting
- try another mouse and keyboard
- try with others available usb port
- checked the usb setting in the BIOS
- move the hdd to another pc still the same prob (just try my luck)

reinstall the drivers that came with your motherboard , the usb drivers are on there , if you have no mobo disk or are stuck let us know the make and model of the mobo chipset etc and we can point you in the right direction for a download

yes,its the drivers

install the USB controller drivers or the reinstall the chipset drivers.. that should work :)

Install itself?

If I just put in the cd will it install itself? because the keyboard is not working too. I'll try it out. Thanks A LOT for the reply :)

Nope, i can't find a way to install from the cd. I don't have PS2 port on this CPU

actually the usbII drivers are in the SP2 of Windows so if u have too uninstall that and reinstall.

Not true. Start, run, type - sfc/ scannow may help but make sure you have your windows cd handy first tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back